Encryption Consulting helps its customers in developing PKI-related policy documents which include Certificate Policy (CP) documents, Certification Practice Statement (CPS) documents, and associated security policies based on RFC 3647.
Certificate Policy (CP)
- A document that sets out the rights, duties and obligations of each party in a Public Key Infrastructure
- The Certificate Policy (CP) is a document which usually has legal effect
- A CP is usually publicly exposed by CAs, for example on a Web Site (VeriSign, etc.)
Certificate Policy Statement (CPS)
- A document that sets out what happens in practice to support the policy statements made in the CP in a PKI
- The Certificate Practice Statement (CPS) is a the document which may have legal effect in limited circumstances