Read time: 6 minutes
PKI for IoT Security
Security Conditions for IoT
Securing IoT devices with PKI
- By using Asymmetric encryption
By using asymmetric encryption, we can provide the essential methods for strong cryptographic encryption and ensure private communication. It ensures that all the certificates issued are from the single certificate authority, which is trusted.
- Establish and Defining Security Standards
Various standards provided by PKI provide you the comfort of defining a system cryptographically, with various options for revocation, renewal, and standard protocols for enrollment of certificates like EST REST API.
- Maintaining Stronger Security
Talking about digital certificates provided by maintained PKI provides far more safety than traditional means of authentication. With the help of PKI, we have authentication and encryption capability, which helps us maintain robust Security.
- By using unique identities
Using individual identities for every device, you can enable secure network access and code execution throughout the device’s existence. Also, these certificates can be updated as per needs.
Advantages of PKI for IoT
- Everything can’t be done with traditional PKI Infrastructure, as traditional PKI Infrastructure is built to work without constraints, and in case of conditions, problems may occur.
- Scalability for PKI might become an issue, i.e., building IoT-focused Certificate Authority is required.
- Since IoT has various devices, traditional PKI Implementation may face issues in issuing certificates and implementing Security in IoT.
The Need for PKI to Secure IoT
At Encryption Consulting, we can help your organization maximize Security using proper Public Key Infrastructure implementation and choose the best fit vendor.